Most Black elected officials and established civic organizations long ago stopped making substantive demands of U.S. rulers.
When the Philadelphia City Council refused to consider a proposed bill to make the police accountable to democratically elected neighborhood bodies
The Colombian government “has no intention” of making sure that Black and indigenous people’s right to collective land ownership will be protected
“Any set of demands regarding police reform should include a strategy to directly confront the police union in order to limit its power
“The black vote has been ‘hacked’ and ‘i
“The theological imagination gives us the opportunity to reframe the conversation in the service of justice,” said Dr.
“The power of the small clique of western financial oligarchs depends on oil remaining central.”
“Black ex-soldiers and others defended their neighborhoods in America’s numerous race wars.”
“There were nearly 5,000 persons lynched from 1882 through 1965.”
- Water is life…and even saliva’s in short supply… For drum-tight mouths, sandpaper throats. Yodeling bellies cave in on spines,
- It's not at all complicated; the so-called "sharing economy" is a taking economy, another series of transfers from the poor to the rich.
- “Every charge leveled against Vladimir Putin is a sinister projection of the American rap sheet.”
- “Trump's reign is the most visible sign of that weakness.”
- “Shouts and screams filled the chambers.”