- Nothing changes on the electoral scene, and little at the grassroots level, unless the structure of capitalist hegemony over political discourse in the U.S. -- the corporate duopoly -- is broken.
- Corporate media green-light films that ratchet up an emotional response without motivating anyone to action.
- The psychological torture imposed on Julian Assange is not unlike the decades of torture imposed upon Black political prisoners in the US.
- Julian Assange has been moved to Belmarsh Prison hospital and the UN Rapporteur on Torture has warned that he could die there.
- This week BAR readers discussed the Central Park Five, US support for jihadism, and Black Lives Matter. Strong comments arrived for “