In the last few months Jackson's supposedly radical mayor has lifted residency requirements for city police officers, and remained silent o
"...comics and sci fi brought to us by capitalist corporate media fail to imagine what a better world, or even the struggle to get there mi
35 lb question mark, 3 ft exclamation point, doesn’t cringe at loud sounds or pee his bed behind nightmares.
“Oppressed communities have to articulate their own independent foreign policy grounded above all in the inte
The ruling class is sending us a message,“You’re either with us or against us.”
“Local governments offer subsidies, miss out on tax revenue, starve their citizens of vital social services,
“Americans can expect to live shorter and sicker lives, compared to people living in any other wealthy democracies.”
“Poor people should not be confined in a death machine.”
“I represent a new generation of freedom fighters who have learned from the mistakes of our fallen ancestors.”
- by BAR poet in residence Raymond Nat Turner Our poet in residence muses upon the collective madness engendered by the quadrennial presidential election.
- There is no question that Hillary Clinton was the main culprit in the destruction of Libya. However, it was the Empire’s war, not Hillary’s.
- by Chris Hedges The corporate media has staged a blackout of massive protests against the rule of the rich, involving “the largest number of arrests at the Capitol in decades” – just one more example…
- by Linn Washington Jr. Bill Clinton has been talking B.S. – “hooey” – about race his entire career. At every political juncture, from his days as governor of Arkansas through his two terms as…
- by Sam Loewenberg and Allison Shelley Cuba, despite its poverty, has achieved its goal of becoming a medical superpower and a model for the world to follow. To date, 134 U.S. citizens have graduated…