- Rwandan dictator Paul Kagame has released two of his best known political prisoners: Victoire Ingabire, a Hutu political activist, and Kizito Mihigo, a Tutsi gospel singer.
- Long before the Nike deal it was clear that Kaepernick’s politics were being subsumed by other forces pushing a weak soup of “diversity” and “free speech.”
- Things could get very ugly in Chicago if the cop that killed Laquan McDonald is set free by a jury that includes only one Black person.
- Rather than benevolent protector, the state enables and often perpetuates violence against marginalized communities, criminalizing them.
- The racism of the larger society is internalized in us, including those of us who are Black and brown, and must be methodically confronted.