Most Black elected officials and established civic organizations long ago stopped making substantive demands of U.S. rulers.
When the Philadelphia City Council refused to consider a proposed bill to make the police accountable to democratically elected neighborhood bodies
The Colombian government “has no intention” of making sure that Black and indigenous people’s right to collective land ownership will be protected
“Any set of demands regarding police reform should include a strategy to directly confront the police union in order to limit its power
“The black vote has been ‘hacked’ and ‘i
“The theological imagination gives us the opportunity to reframe the conversation in the service of justice,” said Dr.
“The power of the small clique of western financial oligarchs depends on oil remaining central.”
“Black ex-soldiers and others defended their neighborhoods in America’s numerous race wars.”
“There were nearly 5,000 persons lynched from 1882 through 1965.”
- “Kagame claims to be a champion of gender equality but the only two women who have ever tried to stand against him electorally are behind bars.”
- “We must say with a loud voice that we join with Colin Kaepernick in the fight against police brutality.”
- “There is no indication that Black America will ever recover so long as racism and capitalism dictate social relations in the US.”
- “The militantly and viciously white president and his fellow white nationalist Amerikaner football fans want the players to be ‘good Blacks,’ the types who just obediently damage themse
- “NFL owners dared not go against players, who were outraged at Trump’s placing the SOB label upon them on behalf of the one percenters.”