Most Black elected officials and established civic organizations long ago stopped making substantive demands of U.S. rulers.
When the Philadelphia City Council refused to consider a proposed bill to make the police accountable to democratically elected neighborhood bodies
The Colombian government “has no intention” of making sure that Black and indigenous people’s right to collective land ownership will be protected
“Any set of demands regarding police reform should include a strategy to directly confront the police union in order to limit its power
“The black vote has been ‘hacked’ and ‘i
“The theological imagination gives us the opportunity to reframe the conversation in the service of justice,” said Dr.
“The power of the small clique of western financial oligarchs depends on oil remaining central.”
“Black ex-soldiers and others defended their neighborhoods in America’s numerous race wars.”
“There were nearly 5,000 persons lynched from 1882 through 1965.”
- The United States tried to destabilize and destroy the Soviet Union “in the womb,” beginning with an invasion of Russia shortly after the Bolsheviks took power 100 years ago -- a fact of which most
- Supporters of Mumia Abu Jamal, the nation’s best known political prisoner, fear a Pennsylvania judge may be backing away from his order that the Philadelphia district attorney’s office turn over al
- AARON MATÉ: It's The Real News. I'm Aaron Maté. Facebook is giving Congress the 3,000 ads it says were likely bought by Russian linked accounts to influence the 2016 election.
- Gun rights in the US are mainly white rights. It’s always been that way, sort of baked into the North American experience.
- “In a society that has historically denied the humanity of people of color, solidarity with other human beings does not come naturally.”