Most Black elected officials and established civic organizations long ago stopped making substantive demands of U.S. rulers.
When the Philadelphia City Council refused to consider a proposed bill to make the police accountable to democratically elected neighborhood bodies
The Colombian government “has no intention” of making sure that Black and indigenous people’s right to collective land ownership will be protected
“Any set of demands regarding police reform should include a strategy to directly confront the police union in order to limit its power
“The black vote has been ‘hacked’ and ‘i
“The theological imagination gives us the opportunity to reframe the conversation in the service of justice,” said Dr.
“The power of the small clique of western financial oligarchs depends on oil remaining central.”
“Black ex-soldiers and others defended their neighborhoods in America’s numerous race wars.”
“There were nearly 5,000 persons lynched from 1882 through 1965.”
- My Dad drew blueprints, Built cabinets, designed ultra-modern kitchens, offices: Master of tile, electrical, plumbing, painting—imagining, mixing
- The alleged “war” against U.S. “democracy” turns out to have been a cheap click-bait hustle.
- “It is a catch-all for blanket repression of Black activism of any kind.
- “A distracted and hypnotized public won’t ask questions, make demands, or build movements.”
- “One man essentially wants to exploit all the wealth of the country for himself.”